We got several new bird patients in this week, amongst them these two lovely black headed gulls. The first call came from a lady on the Naas Road who had found a gull out on the middle of the main thoroughfare. He had a very serious open wound on his neck. He was assessed by our vet who prescribed antibiotics and tlc for this chap. His wound is healing beautifully thankfully and he is bright and active. The second call came from Clondalkin. This gull appeared to be perfectly healthy but was unable to fly. A vet examination determined that he has a ruptured air sac. Pain relief and six weeks of rest should see him make a full recovery. Both birds are currently with a foster carer in Dublin and will move to the shelter to continue their rehabilitation over the coming days.
- Annual Curragh Dog Walk 19th December 2018
- Christmas Concert 22nd November 2018
- Fundraiser Draw for a bespoke 18ct white gold & Raw Morganite ring. 14th November 2018
- Table Quiz 12th November 2018
- Dog walk at Castletown House, Celbridge 15th August 2018