We got several new bird patients in this week, amongst them these two lovely black headed gulls. The first call came from a lady on the Naas Road who had found a gull out on the middle of the main thoroughfare. He had a very serious open wound on his neck. He was assessed by our vet who prescribed antibiotics and tlc for this chap. His wound is healing beautifully thankfully and he is bright and active. The second call came from Clondalkin. This gull appeared to be perfectly healthy but was unable to fly. A vet examination determined that he has a ruptured air sac. Pain relief and six weeks of rest should see him make a full recovery. Both birds are currently with a foster carer in Dublin and will move to the shelter to continue their rehabilitation over the coming days.
- Open Day July 9th 14th June 2017
- Contact Details update 25th May 2017
- Orphan Season has begun. Donations needed 1st April 2017
- Cat Rehoming Event at MaxiZoo Newbridge Saturday Feb 25th 16th February 2017
- Table Quiz 14th February 2017